Residential Site Manager
Start Date – September 2019
Hours – Full Time
Salary – Scale 5
Contract Term - Permanent
John Betts Primary School requires a motivated, organised and experienced Site Manager with excellent communication skills to fully undertake, lead and manage all premises issues to ensure our school site is maintained to a high standard at all times.
The successful candidate will have excellent up to date knowledge of health and safety procedures and legislation. They will assist the School Business Manager in taking responsibility for the management of the school buildings and grounds as well as being responsible for the day to day maintenance and practical caretaking tasks. The successful candidate will also help to ensure that the school complies with all aspects of health and safety policy and procedures, so that pupils are able to learn in a safe, secure and high quality learning environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is responsible for day to day maintenance of the sites including security, locking and unlocking, and management of the alarm system and mechanical services
- Is the primary key holder for the site and responds to emergencies and call outs
- Undertakes repairs and maintenance of the site undertaking minor repairs and construction projects
- Follows daily checks to ensure the site and grounds are maintained to a high standard
- Ensures that the school complies with health and safety regulations and legislation
- Manages the appropriate statutory testing of all the heating, lighting and mechanical systems, and fire alarms
- Liaises with external contractors, including the cleaning team, and assists with the management of site projects
- Is able to operate machinery to include grounds maintenance and access equipment
- Can provide regular reports and updates to the Headteacher, School Business Manager and Governors on maintenance issues
The successful candidate should have:
- Understanding of building maintenance including statutory testing and the ability to carry out minor repairs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and numeracy skills
- Ability to use IT to support the work undertaken
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to work well with staff parents and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
We can offer:
- A harmonious and supportive working environment
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
There is tied accommodation on site with council tax allowance and full-time residential occupancy is compulsory.
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Application for this post is via a fully completed application form.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th June
Interviews: Thursday 20th June