We are seeking to appoint caring and reflective support staff to join our dedicated, supportive and hard-working team. The posts will involve working closely with the whole teaching team to provide high quality support to individuals and groups of pupils whilst promoting independence. Applicants must be willing to support individual children with specific learning needs if required, as well as to work as a general classroom assistant. Duties will include delivering programmes as directed by the class teacher, SENCo and external agencies
This is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience and high quality professional development in a supportive, innovative and forward thinking school where all staff are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all children.
We are looking for someone who;
• has experience with supporting children in primary education.
• is able to articulate and demonstrate how to support teaching and learning.
• is able to demonstrate a knowledge of or be willing to learn inclusion strategies to support children with special educational needs.
• is able to demonstrate an ability to engage learners in a variety of ways and has the ability to move pupils’ learning forward.
• is a reflective individual who is committed to their own professional development.
• has sound literacy and numeracy skills and is able to communicate effectively with the whole school community.
We will offer;
• a team of practitioners who are striving and committed to providing the highest standard of provision and teaching for all children
• a positive and stimulating environment in which to work with opportunities for on-going training and professional development.
John Betts Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
John Betts Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake enhanced DBS clearance.
Application for this post is via a fully completed application form which can be completed via the TES website by clicking here.
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.